Water Opportunities in the draft Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2016-2017
The draft Horizon 2020 Work Programme for 2016-2017 has just been published, and includes a list of opportunities for innovation in the water sector. If you're interested, you might want to check first the following opportunities:
- SC5-11-2016: Supporting international cooperation activities on water
- SC5-12-2016: Food systems and water resources for the development of inclusive, sustainable and healthy Euro-Mediterranean societies
- SC5-01-2016-2017: Exploring the added value of climate services
- SC5-02-2017: Integrated European regional modelling and climate prediction system
- SC5-03-2016: Climate services market research
- SC5-08-2017: Large-scale demonstrators on nature-based solutions for hydrometeorological risk reduction
- CIRC-02-2016-2017: Water in the context of the circular economy
- SPIRE-01-2016: Systematic approaches for resource-efficient water management systems in process industries
- SCC-02-2016-2017: Demonstrating innovative nature-based solutions in cities
- LCE-26-2016 Cross-thematic ERA-NET on Applied Geosciences.
Moreover a high number of topics in the calls H2020-SFS-2016-2017 'Sustainable Food Security – Resilient and resource-efficient value chains' and H2020-RUR-2016-2017 'Rural Renaissance – Fostering innovation and business opportunities' also address issues related to water management in agriculture and/or food production.
Our EIP Water Online Marketplace might be helpful for preparing H2020 proposals, either by identifying within our search options the people, organisations or projects that match with the topic and might be key for your project, or by screening which Action Groups are already developing innovation activities in this field.
Within our work, we have identified 5 key barriers to innovation uptake (funding, procurement, partnerships, regulation and demonstration sites) – maybe your H2020 proposal can address these by either showing how you overcome them properly or by developing recommendations that can be upgraded by EIP Water towards systemic changes. We have developed a list of ideas on how H2020 projects and EIP Water can benefit from teaming up; these can eventually add value to your proposal!