WATEF Water Efficiency Network
The Water Efficiency (WATEF) Network is a growing international group of industry, academic, private and public individuals and organisations that work together to explore and promote interdisciplinary water innovation. The network provides a forum to collaboratively explore the supply, treatment, distribution, risk monitoring, improved efficiency and conservation of water, water-energy-food nexus, resilience and flood/drought risk management, WASH etc. It also investigates and communicates strategies for improving the adaptive capacity of building users, providers and professionals to facilitate long-term, adaptable water efficiency through behaviour change and the use of technology. The network consists of and will work with academics, research institutions, product/service suppliers and manufacturers, policy makers, regulators, water utilities and NGOs.
The network aims to:
• Promote independent, multi-disciplinary water research and innovation.
• Transfer knowledge between academia, policy makers and regulators, third sector organisations and the building and water industries.
• Contribute to the evidence base for water efficiency and resilience by building on existing knowledge developed by the water sector, government and associated bodies and academia.
• Research collaboration and dissemination partnerships • Organising events; meetings, webinars, workshops, master classes and conferences to inspire water efficiency and resilience research and transfer knowledge.
• Communicating research findings, applications and implications, through reports, news articles, working papers, journal and conference articles etc.
about this section