Center for Environmental Leadershipin Business; How to address water related concerns within the company model
Conservation International (CI) aims to contribute to a more sustainable development model through the promotion and development of scientific knowledge, policy advice and fieldwork. It believes that valuing the services that ecosystems provide to create a sustainable development path will benefit all people for generations to come. Through the Center for Environmental Leadership in Business (CELB), CI works in partnership with leaders in key industries to reduce companies’ ecological footprint, harness the power of supply chains to drive the widespread adoption of good practices, invest strategically in on-the-ground conservation opportunities and create dynamic communications campaigns around this.
Its work on water includes:
- creating water management strategies, policies and practices;
- advising on efficiency measures, water footprint accounting and sustainable water sourcing (including water conservation and integrated watershed management);
- supporting payment schemes for ecosystem services;
- investing in water stewardship projects
- developing communication campaigns on water issues.
- To support the development of all of those strategies CI and its partners are implementing demonstration projects in China, Brazil, South Africa, Colombia, Fiji and other countries around the globe.