NORRIA North Hungarian Regional Innovation Agency
The North Hungarian Regional Innovation Agency was established in 2005. In the first 3 years NORRIA was operating as an independent organisational unit of the Regional Development Agency. In 2008 NORRIA became an independent non-profit corporation engaged in innovation based regional development, providing a wide range of innovation management services.
NORRIA's mission is to support the sustainable development of North Hungary in order to become a competitive, innovative and knowledge-based region.
What makes us different from other innovation support organisations is first and foremost our active role in the development and continuous improvement of the regional innovation strategy. In frame of the NORRIS project the innovation strategy of Kosice-Miskolc region was developed which formed the basis of North Hungary’s regional innovation strategy drawn up in 2008. In line with the European Union’s new innovation policy concept NORRIA has developed the Smart Specialization Strategy of North Hungary (RIS3) in order to boost regional innovation and economic growth focusing on the strengths of the region.
NORRIA is a member of the national network of regional innovation agencies, and is a leading service provider in the field of innovation management and knowledge intensive services.
- preparation and writing of project proposals
- consultancy on grant application
- project coordination and management
- promotion of innovation and knowledge transfer between researchers and businesses
- regional surveys, analyses on regional innovation mechanisms
- innovation-related training programmes
- organizing regional and international conferences, workshops and information days
- implementation of measures that foster innovation in regional SMEs
- consultancy on intellectual property rights
NORRIA also has over 10 years of experience in international and national project management.