Centro de Estudios y Experimentación de Obras Públicas
The CEDEX is an Autonomous Public Agency, dependent upon the Ministry of Transport, while, from an operating point of view, it depends upon the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Environment. The work developed by CEDEX focuses on providing specialised technical assistance to both Ministries, Transport and Environment. CEDEX is a public R&D&i reference centre in the fields of public works and the environment management, providing society with the technological progress generated in these fields by a determined dedication to broadcasting and dissemination of knowledge.
The CEDEX is composed by a multidisciplinary and highly qualified technical scientific staff. It has equipments and installations for testing and experimentation highly specialized.Technological support is materialized by concrete actions, concerted under agreement, which are developing from their various centers and laboratories in the fields of:
- Ports, coasts, estuaries, maritime engineering, quality and dynamics of coastal waters, and dredging problems.
- Hydraulics planning, hydrology, engineering of inland waters, and quality of the resource.
- Design, construction and exploitation of road networks; traffic engineering and road safety.
- Environmental Engineering in its multiple facets of data acquisition, diagnosis, prevention and / or solving problems under specialized and multidisciplinary approach.
- Physics, electronics and computational analysis.
- Properties and applications of building materials, materials science, studies and experimental analysis of structures.
- Geotechnical engineering: foundations, earth structures, soil and rock mechanics.
- Historical studies of public works and town planning.