CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY HELLAS CERTH
The Centre for Research and Technology Hellas (CERTH), the largest research centre in Northern Greece, was founded in March 2000.
CERTH is a non-profit organization that directly reports to the General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT), of the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs.
The mission of CERTH is to carry out fundamental and applied research with emphasis on development of novel products and services of industrial, economic and social importance in the following fields:
- Chemical and Biochemical Processes and Advanced Functional Materials
- Informatics and Telecommunications
- Land, Sea and Air Transportation
- Agrobiotechnology and Food Engineering
- Enviromental Friendly Technologies for Solid Fuels and Alternative Energy Sources and
- Biomedical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering, Biomolecular Medicine and Pharmacogenetics
Today, five Research Institutes operate at CERTH.
- Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institute
- Informatics and Telematics Institutes
- Hellenic Institute of Transport
- Institute of Applied Biosciences
- Institute for Research & Technology of Thessaly