New study report on the mainstreaming of adaptation to climate change into the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) 2014-2020
A study report on the mainstreaming of adaptation to climate change into the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) 2014-2020 has been published on CLIMA's website.
ESIF includes the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), European Social Fund (ESF), Cohesion Fund (CF), European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF).
The report with annexes is available at https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/budget_en#tab-0-1
The direct links to the report and annexes are:
- Main report: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/budget/docs/report_maindtreaming_adaptation_en.pdf
- Annex A – Case Studies: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/budget/docs/report_maindtreaming_adaptation_annex_a_en.pdf
- Annex B – Country summaries (EU28): https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/budget/docs/report_maindtreaming_adaptation_annex_b_en.pdf
The case studies in Annex A cover:
- Water scarcity and drought (Spain)
- Flooding (Romania)
- Rural development and climate change (Poland)
- Sea level rise, coastal erosion and coastal flooding (France)
- European Territorial Cooperation programmes (Adriatic-Ionian, Ireland-Wales, Spain-Portugal)
- Outermost regions
Annex B provides an overview of how climate change adaptation has been programmed under ESIF in each of the 28 Member States. Each country overview outlines the national adaptation framework and priorities of the Member State and how climate change adaptation is addressed in the Partnership Agreement and the ESIF programmes.
The report relates to the EU Strategy on adaptation to climate change, notably actions 1, 6 and 7, and will contribute to the ongoing evaluation.
For ease of reference, the separate report from 2016 on the mainstreaming of climate action into ESIF 2014-2020 is available at: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/budget/docs/report_mainstreaming_of_climate_action_en.pdf