EUREKA Danube region call for project proposals
Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania are announcing the 3rd EUREKA Danube Call for Proposals for joint R&D projects, focusing on developing innovative products and applications in all technological and application areas. Applicants are expected to develop ready to market solutions or projects which have strong market potential for all involved participants.
National organizations listed below will also provide access to public funding for labelled joint projects. The support will be given to each partner by its respective National Authorities in accordance with their national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability in each country.
In order to apply to the present call, partners must meet the following qualifications:
- The project should include at least two independent companies (for profit) from at least two different countries. Participation of research institutes/universities is welcome as subcontractor of the company or partner according to each country’s funding regulations:
- In Hungary, the public financed institutions need an industrial partner in order to be eligible.
- In Croatia, SMEs and large companies can apply for funding while scientific institutions are outsourced.
- In Czech Republic the public budget is available for SME´s or Large Companies and for public institutions which needs eligible private partner
- In Romania, SME only can apply for funding. Participation of Romanian research institutes and universities is welcome as partners.
- All partners must express their will to cooperate, on an equal basis, in the development of a new product, industrial process or service.
- The product, process or service must be innovative and the technological risk is accepted. Projects in Technology Readiness Level 5 are best suitable for funding, or experimental development as defined in Frascati Manual.
- The project must be equally significant for all partners.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants in all countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure etc.).
- Prior to obtaining the Eureka label partners are required to present a draft of Consortium Agreement (on the commercialization of the product, process or service once the phase of research and development has been completed which includes the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements)
- Both National and EUREKA application are submitted until the 28 of March 2018.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present call in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations, and procedures in effect in each country.
More about funding details and application procedure can be found at: http://www.eurekanetwork.org/content/danube-region-call-projects-2018
Source of Information: www.eurekanetwork.org