EIP Water Conference 2017 - Water Innovation: Bridging Gaps, Creating Opportunities
Autumn will see 7 days of excitement as Porto hosts the 4th EIP Water conference as part of the Porto Water Innovation Week (PWIW). From September 24 - 30, some 600-700 water innovators from all over Europe converge on the "Invicta City", which was also recently named Best European Destination 2017 for the third-time.
There are three headline events:
- EIP Water Conference 2017 (Sep 27-28) - bridging gaps in European water innovation (Agenda)
- Mayors & Water conference (Sep 29) - furthering the Urban Water Agenda
- Water Innovation Lab (Sep 24-29) - shaping the new water leaders
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2017 EIP Water Conference this autumn in Porto.
This year’s theme is “Water Innovation: Bridging Gaps, Creating Opportunities”. Innovative solutions to address major European and global water challenges will be on the table. At the same time, other issues to be explored will include market opportunities for these innovations, both within and outside Europe, and how to remove barriers by advancing and leveraging existing solutions. To round up the conference, the programme will also include “WaterMatch” matchmaking, TechTalks, technical tours of Porto’s most innovative water facilities and networking receptions. The day before and the the after the conference, several side meetings organised by our EIP Water Action Groups, LIFE, EASME and other partners will also take place at the conference venue.
a draft agenda can be downloaded here (pdf)
Who will attend?
A rich mixture of presentations, expert panels, debates and competitions await you as together we bridge the remaining innovation gaps in Europe’s water sector, help create opportunities and build strong partnerships among participants such as:
- Political leaders at European, national and local level;
- Decision makers and technicians from utilities, industry and agriculture;
- Researchers from universities and I&D centres;
- Solution providers and innovators;
- Start-ups and SMEs;
Among the keynote speakers, we expect João Pedro Matos Fernandes, Portugal’s Minister of the Environment, to welcome some 600-700 guests from all over Europe to Portugal and to the Invicta city (Porto).
The European Commissioner will furthermore provide insights into environment and innovation work carried out in the EU.
The 2017 EIP Water Conference has five key objectives:
- Improving access to finance and markets for innovations;
- Facilitating easier procurement of innovation for end users;
- Developing regulation that is conducive to innovation;
- Sharing best practice and results from demonstration and test sites;
- Building European-wide partnerships among stakeholders and contributors.
The extensive exhibition (stand packages information )will allow participants to experience innovations available today and to see what is around the corner as start-ups and established companies go head-to-head and pitch their latest ideas at the Splash Innovation Stage (finalists) to find out who's got talent.
The 4th EIP Water Conference will be hosted by