3RD WATER JPI CONFERENCE
In the frame of the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will host the 3rd Water JPI Conference from 17-18th November 2020 in Mülheim an der Ruhr. The overarching motto of this transfer-oriented conference will be “From Research into Practice: pollutants, pathogens and antimicrobial resistances in the water cycle”. It greatly underpins the recently started Water JPI ERA-Net Cofund “AquaticPollutants” and will make the connection with the manifold endeavors of the Water JPI in this research area (2013 Pilot Call, Water JPI Knowledge Hub on Contam-inants of Emerging Concern…).
The Water JPI Conference in Mülheim shall not only mobilize European and international water experts and researchers but also increase the participation of European institutions in activities of the Water JPI and the entire European Research Area. For this reason the conference strives for involving representatives of the German Government as well as policy representatives from other countries and the European Commission, companies, associations, institutions, municipalities and utilities.
The 3rd Water JPI Conference will collaborate with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). As the world’s largest funding organization of its kind it promotes international cooperation and university partner-ships. Scholars of BMBF’s international scholarship programme “Sustainable Water Management” will con-tribute to the conference.
Moreover, a European-wide competition called “Junior Water Jump” entitled: „Digital solutions for control of pollutants, pathogens and antimicrobial resistances in the water cycle“ is foreseen to be executed in the context of the conference. It is the objective to give start-up companies a platform for presenting their business models or ideas in order to solve the challenges and problems in the European and global water sector.
Participants can expect to:
- hear about Water JPI activities, projects, achievements and further planned activities in the field of water pollution and appropriate digital solutions as well as its cooperation with the JPI Oceans and the JPI AMR
- link national and European water research
- support the transfer of knowledge and best practices to national and European policy makers
- learn about new technologies, innovations and projects of young Start-up companies
- connect and network with SMEs, DAAD alumni , utilities and associations of the water sector
- showcase their work and take part at the exhibition for their better visibility
We are happy to welcome you to the 3rd Water JPI Conference in Mülheim an der Ruhr!