2015 UN-Water Annual International Zaragoza Conference. Water and Sustainable Development - From Vision to Action. 15-17 January 2015
The overall aims of the Zaragoza UN-Water Conference are:
- To identify specific pending issues that need to be tackled in relation to the main implementation challenges as per Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Water Resources Management; Water Quality; and Risks;
- To analyze the main opportunities and challenges for the different means of implementation to advance the post-2015 agenda;
- To showcase how the different means of implementation can promote the necessary transformative change. This will be illustrated through specific practical examples on the use of the tools to facilitate changes that have been successful;
- To make proposals on the role of different actors and how they can contribute, specifically Business, Governments (including local governments), civil society, academia, and the media;
- To draw lessons on differentiated responsibilities, appropriateness and transferability of different tools and approaches in different contexts but also on issues of scaling up and transitioning.
- To analyze how lessons learned by the UN system during the International Decade for Action can be used in the post-2015 agenda, specifically in relation to water cooperation and women engagement.
The preparatory work on the role of financing and economic intrsuments in water policy is being conducted by leading partners of the Action Group SPADIS.