EIP Water Conference 2017 - Water Innovation: Bridging Gaps, Creating Opportunities
Autumn saw 7 days of excitement as Porto hosted the 4th EIP Water conference as part of the Porto Water Innovation Week (PWIW). From September 24 - 30, over 1200 water innovators from all over Europe converged on the "Invicta City", which was also named Best European Destination 2017 for the third-time.
There were three headline events:
- EIP Water Conference 2017 (Sep 27-28) - bridging gaps in European water innovation (Agenda)
- Mayors & Water conference (Sep 29) - furthering the Urban Water Agenda
- Water Innovation Lab (Sep 24-29) - shaping the new water leaders
A big, big thanks for helping make the 2017 EIP Water Conference in Porto a success.
This year’s theme was “Water Innovation: Bridging Gaps, Creating Opportunities”. Innovative solutions to address major European and global water challenges were on the agenda, as well as market opportunities and how to remove barriers by advancing and leveraging existing solutions. To round up the conference, the programme also included “WaterMatch” matchmaking, TechTalks, technical tours of Porto’s most innovative water facilities and networking receptions. The day before and after the conference, several side meetings were organised by our EIP Water Action Groups, LIFE, EASME and other partners.
The finlal agenda can be downloaded here (pdf)
The 2017 EIP Water Conference pursued five key objectives:
- Improving access to finance and markets for innovations;
- Facilitating easier procurement of innovation for end users;
- Developing regulation that is conducive to innovation;
- Sharing best practice and results from demonstration and test sites;
- Building European-wide partnerships among stakeholders and contributors.
The extensive exhibition allowed participants to experience innovations available today and to see what is around the corner as start-ups and established companies went head-to-head and pitched their latest ideas at the Splash Innovation Stage to find out "who's got talent".
A rich mixture of presentations, expert panels, debates and competitions awaited delegates who bridged innovation gaps in Europe’s water sector, helped create opportunities and built strong partnerships among participants such as:
- Political leaders at European, national and local level;
- Decision makers and technicians from utilities, industry and agriculture;
- Researchers from universities and R&D centres;
- Solution providers and innovators;
- Start-ups and SMEs;
The list of participants can be downloaded here. (pdf)